June 18, 2017

Plain & Simple...

So this week was pretty plain and I am not really sure why.. 

One tender mercy.  As we are in the midst of typhoon season and I always forget my umbrella we often have to run from covering to covering.  Well this was one of those days where I again forgot my umbrella and we finished a lesson with our investigator, came outside and it was pouring.  So what do we decide to do? Pray.  We ask for the rain to stop for just 5 minutes so we can get to the MTR without being drenched.  Well 5 seconds later.. the rain went to just a sprinkle.  Ahh so cool!


This week I have also committed to talk to more people on the MTR as we travel.  Well one day I was standing next to two ladies who were speaking Mandarin to each other well I could feel them staring at me and then assuming I did not speak Mandarin they begin talking about me.  Luckily, it was all good things, but imagine the look on their faces when they started talking about Jesus Christ and religion (as they had just seen my name tag) and I offered to tell them more.  They were not interested, but it was a funny experience.​​


Some funny (maybe blonde) moments because I am still me.


"How old are you when you are 12?"


So we decided to go hiking last week and the past couple days it had been raining but it wasn't raining when we got up that morning so we figured okay no problem.  We looked at the MTR TV (its like our personal weather app.. except not so personal) and it said T1.  Well me and sister Colombel looked at it and had no idea what that meant, but were happy because it also said it was only 26 degrees outside so we thought it was the perfect day for a hike.  Well during our hike we got drenched with rain and later found out that the T stands for typhoon and it got up that day to T8.  So another one of those moments where I was just not thinking, but hey grateful for the Lords protection!


Fun fact about Chinese people.. The older generation does not shave their armpits and there is no shame in wearing sleeveless things with hair.. long hair underneath their armpits.  So if they are 30+ they mostly don't shave!


Well I am so grateful for the privilege to wear this name tag and represent my Savior.  I am grateful for the priesthood authority that has been restored to this Earth.  What a blessing it is for me to have a father who is a worthy priesthood holder to know that I have access to Gods power!  Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there and especially my own Dad who has never failed to lead me, to love me and to help me reach my potential!


I love you all,
Sister Loo


SOOOO many humans!



No comments:

Post a Comment