July 9, 2017

The BIG event for the week!

The big event for the week?...

ANNA GOT BAPTIZED!!!  Yes!!!

What a blessing it is to see someone enter the waters of baptism.  She was still so nervous for her interview, but she "passed" and after said something like "Wow he is awesome and made me feel so great!"  President Lam is truly the best!

So to put into context how much sleep she sacrificed.  She slept for 3 hours and then traveled to Kowloon for her interview, then she came to all 3 hours of church and then her baptism (running still on those 3 hours of sleep).  Well by the time she got home and went to sleep it was 2, which means she got 3 hours of sleep before heading to work!  She really is so amazing and was just so happy to be baptized.. You would not have been able to tell that she was only running on 3 hours of sleep.

Again, the Lord has shown me that when we are willing to sacrifice for Him in any way, He WILL bless us!

Our branch because of the split is VERY small.. 20 people at most so it has been hard to find fellow-shippers as well as get the members to talk to our investigators.  It was a huge blessing though because yesterday everyone was so excited for her baptism and would not stop talking to her.  They helped her feel super welcome and it really touched her!


Funny event of the week.. we were at an investigators house teaching a lesson and she LOVES to talk so at one point she was going on and on for about 20 minutes and now my mandarin is okay so I  don't need to 100% focus and I literally fell asleep.  She was like, "oh my gosh I am so sorry I am talking so much!"  I got lucky that she didn't get offended and gave me some weird drink that she said will either wake me up or make me want to go to the toilet a lot.. I guess either one would wake you up though hahaha.  Luckily it was the first one hahaha.  I don't think I understand what tired meant until I came on my mission :)


Annas baptism! 

The investigator I fell asleep on.. at least she still loves me!
Our hike from this morning! 

When you have a bee on you and they all know you hate bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment