July 23, 2017

So Happy to stay on HK island...

This week is transfer week and Heavenly father really loves me so he allowed me to stay on the island another transfer and I could not be happier!  There is either something I am not doing right here or He loves me, probably a little bit of both :)  Sister Clark (my MTC companion) will be coming down and we will be serving together.  I am excited, nervous, and stressed about the new responsibilities and the stretch that I know will come this transfer, but I know that God has a perfect plan so I do not need to worry!

This week was quite interesting because yesterday church was cancelled because of a typhoon warning.  It was an 8, now I am not necessarily sure what that means, but it must have been pretty serious.  We thought it would be too, but the whole time there was no rain, no wind, no nothing.  Two things to share because of this experience.  The first one is, boy did I miss church.  Sunday just felt different and it felt empty, not to mention the fact that no church meant no opportunity to partake of the sacrament, which I can, surprisingly, tell the difference.  My appreciation for the sacrament has definitely grown!  Going to church provides the spiritual re-charge that we as members, especially as missionaries, need!


The second thing I learned (and I feel like my dad saying this) I will tie to an analogy (wow I really am my dad!)  The typhoon we could not see, honestly didn't even think there was one, but we were warned by those who had the knowledge that it was there.  I think the prophets and commandments provide that warning and word of caution to us as we try to navigate through this life and the many different trials and temptations of everyday life.  Keeping us safe to those things that we may not see or know that they are even a danger!


We also had an opportunity to visit a member and she brought us out to lunch but had to quickly leave for work.  We stayed and chatted with a lady who was sitting next to us (another fact of HK.. you sit next to and with anyone wherever there is space so don't expect a whole table to yourself.. you will quickly have company) from Russia.  She had the hardest time grasping the concept that we were here voluntarily and that we have one day a week to be "tourist".  She kept telling us to visit the different colleges here and check out hikes.  Each time we tried explaining to her our purpose and she just did not get it!  I often times think about how weird we must look to others.  Two 20 year old foreigners with no supervision, living with and associating with other young foreigners haha.  but I know that this is a sacred work and a sacred calling and I am happy to be doing the Lords work!  How much trust he has given us to be His missionaries!


Lastly, we had the opportunity to go to the temple this Thursday and it was amazing!  Sister Arago suggested to me to bring my patriarchal blessing in with me and read it while inside and it was like a whole new blessing!  I then had a question I went in with and told Heavenly Father, I have faith that when I open these scriptures you will give me the answer to my prayers.  I am sure you can guess what happened, but yes the first verse I looked at was the answer to my prayers.  I am truly speechless by His love and "awareness" of me!


What a great week it has been!  God lives and He loves each and everyone of you!


Sister Loo


Hike from this morning!  Hong Kong is beautiful!

Temple! 
Finally people of regular size!
To work construction you also need to minor in gymnastics​​

No comments:

Post a Comment