May 15, 2017

Me...A Loss of Words...A Miracle!!!

Today I am at a loss of words.. I actually don't know what to write about this week!

Skyping with the family was awesome :) The mission has truly made me grateful for the knowledge of eternal families! I love that I am able to have eternity with the people I love the most.. what a beautiful plan!

This week we had zone conference and it was great.  With President Lam we talked a lot about obedience.  Obedience to mission rules (we are actually one of the more obedient missions, but hey there is always room for improvement), obedience to the commandments, and obedience to follow promptings.  
It was mentioned lots that promptings are spiritual commandments and like elder Rasband said in conference, we need to be first responders!

The other thing that was reemphasized was that trials are a blessing!  When I look back on my life the times that I learned the most is always when I was required to stretch, to learn... my "trials". In our trials we should be calling, actually relying on the Lords help, but that doesn't mean that when we do this the Lord will take away our trials.  He actually just gives us the strength to bear our burdens to persevere and conquer them.

We talked about the story with Abraham having to sacrifice his son Isaac.  Heavenly father knew what Abraham was capable of, but did Abraham know what he was capable of? Trials are a learning experience for us to find ourself and know that we can do hard things.  So I hope we all can learn to appreciate the trials that have been given to us :)

The other thing I learned this week was a result of visiting less-actives and that is... the importance of a strong foundation!  I don't know if anti-mormon material is as big as it is here, but we lose potentials, investigators, and members daily because of anti-mormon material.  
If we are not continually strengthening our foundation we will have nothing to fall back on when our faith is tested and we are tried.

Also...by small and simple things are great changes brought to pass!  I made a commitment this week that I would say my morning and evening prayers kneeling on the ground and not on my bed.  One, so it would be harder to fall asleep; two it is more respectful; but also because it allows me to focus and pray with real intent.  You would not believe how much of a difference it has made in my mood, my outlook, my "tiredness" and so many other little things.  Heavenly Father is so merciful and is really looking to bless us!

Finally some funny quotes from the bun days!


We are talking about Peter walking on water and how he started to sink and sister chen goes, "It's okay if you're drunk because the Lord is there for you"  Not the word she was looking for, but hey it is still true!

Playing a game where an elder is trying to beat Elder Chou in how far he can jump
"Elder Belnap beat me up"

The gospel is true and has the answers to any problems you may be facing!

Sister Loo

...the pictures below are from Biking last week!






No comments:

Post a Comment