May 21, 2017

Exhaustion...It comes with the Job!!!

What to say about this week.. for some reason I am quite exhausted, but I guess that comes with the "job" (calling) haha.

Exercise brings blessings?  ...I was running around the field where we were working out and this man just comes and starts running right beside me, asking me if me and sister Colombel are sisters.  I figured that if he was willing to talk to me all sweaty and while working out, I might as well talk about the church with him.


So, we got his number and sent him the address of the church after working out. Unfortunately, he was not all that interested I guess he just wanted to run with me, but hey maybe later!

I feel as if the area is on the edge of a cliff and the area is about to explode.  The investigators we have will really start to have a desire to learn and the potentials we have will have the time and desire to meet with us.  So I am excited and just waiting for it to "tip".  If there is one thing the mission has taught me it is...PATIENCE...!!!


Thursday was quite a different day.  We had plans to teach two different investigators and both times we got fang'ed.  But, we were able to meet two walk ins!  This was quite an experience because I feel as if it was not a coincidence.  The lord wanted us to meet them and talk to them.

One was a very prideful man who believed the church was outdated and the leaders of the church didn't have leadership qualities.  What was interesting was that while he said this I really had to hold my tongue and not yell at him for his ignorance (he is lucky he met me when I am wearing this name tag haha!).  But, also the spirit testified to me that our leaders were truly inspired men and the church is not outdated.  The Lord never changes it is the world that changes, which is perhaps why he felt we were outdated in our beliefs.

The other lady was on her way to China, but her visa expired and had to quickly renew it in Hong Kong.  She came in because she had no where to stay, no money and wanted to know if we could help her.  Apparently this happens to the church a lot.

Refugees will often come with a sad story looking for money so we were not sure if she was "legit". We gave her a list of shelters and some canned food then taught her about the restoration.  I don't know if she was all that interested, but she took a Book of Mormon and said she would talk to her Mormon friend when she returned in South Africa.  Lesson learned, you just never know who the Lord will place in your path and for what reasons, but we must be ready to teach and testify!

Last, this week as we have been studying "Will you engage in the wrestle?" (Great talk that I suggest everyone read).  It has been brought up how questions about the gospel are not just great, but they are vital as long as they propel us to seek for truth.  We have talked a lot about those questions.

For most of us missionaries we grew up in the church so we have grown up believing Joseph Smith is a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God.  This brought us the question.. well do we know or do we just believe?  I would invite you all to think about this question as well and if you don't know.. do what is necessary to know so that you can continue to build your foundation!

Thank you all for your support and prayers!


I love you!
Sister Loo


California Pizza Kitchen with the Mandarin sisters!​​
Two different views of Hong Kong!​​​​

No comments:

Post a Comment