November 2, 2016

Nimen Hao!

This week was amazing.  So many things happened and I will try my best to explain everything, but words will probably not do them justice!

So we got 10 new sisters on Wednesday and they really are all amazing.  They all have so many different background stories and are all so friendly.  You can tell that they all look up to sister Clark and I alot and think our Chinese is amazing which makes me feel good haha.  I have loved getting to know them just in this past week and being able to "serve" them as an STL has been honestly fun.

As this week was Halloween my companion and I decided to dress up as each other.  Which means she wore all black with her hair straight and I wore her Cinderella princess skirt.  She loved it.  She was like wow all these guys keep staring at me sister Loo hahaha. I was like I am telling you black is everyones color!  I felt like an idiot though and hope no one thinks I actually dress like that.

This Sunday I was called on to give a talk as well.  So just to frame this up, when we came in all the sisters said "Oh no worries about talks the STL never get called on" (I still wrote one super fast though) because we do interviews and stuff for our calling the whole time that they give us to write a talk.  Also, our branch president and all of his kids (who all speak fluent Chinese) were there because he was getting released :( AND because of that the President of the MTC and his wife were also there!  The presidency also gets to choose who gives a talk so we don't know until our name is announced over the pulpit that we are giving a talk.  They do this to force everyone to write a talk.  We give our talks in Mandarin if you did not catch on to that detail.  So here I am with an awful talk that I did not have time to look over giving in front of the MTC President, a big family who is fluent in chinese and all of my zone.  To be completely honest I have no clue how good the talk was or what I even said it is all a blurr.

But yeah our Branch President left us!  President and Sister Teng were their names and they were replaced by President and Sister Young.  They speak no Mandarin and were mission presidents in Ecuador and that is about all I know.  It is interesting and I wonder why out of all the times President Teng was released was it while I was still here in the MTC?

We have talked and we watched a MTC devotional by Elder Bednar titled "One by One" and how Christ does everything for the one.  If we want to better understand Christ's nature it is important to understand He focused on "the one". He purposely does something for the one.  I was called to serve in China for the one.  So as me and sister Clark were talking about this we were wondering for who or for what "one" was President Young called in for?

Yesterday me and sister Clark had the opportunity to teach a teacher who was playing the role of her sister who recently was experiencing and given some huge trials.  We taught her about the blessings of trials and how God knows that we are strong enough to endure and get through them and the importance of enduring it well rather than just enduring.  It was one of the most amazing experiences I have had here because I was filled with so much love for her and I knew that her Heavenly Father loved her.  We were all crying as the spirit was incredibly strong.  I realized that even though she wasn't the "real person" it is still so important that we teach with conviction and teach our members, investigators, whoever it may be while in the MTC as if they were "real".

Lastly, President Nelson came yesterday.  All I can say is.. what an amazing man.  So I have learned from my companion who really knows everything that he is fluent in Mandarin and he has the most connection with China.  We all think when he becomes prophet that is when China will open up and we are all SO excited!  How amazing would that be if I got transferred into mainland China!  Anyways as soon as he walked into the gym where we have our devotionals the spirit flooded the room.  One of my favorite things he said was "You are a successful missionary once your converts children and grandchildren are sealed in the temple"  Lasting conversion is so important.  It is not about the numbers it is about teaching people to truly come unto christ.

What a week it has been!  Thank you all for your prayers and support,
Wo ai Nimen
SIster Loo


Me and sister clark switching roles,
along with two other sisters who are companions.
They are complete opposites!​


Bye Bye President and Sister Teng we love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment