November 20, 2016

I made it to Hong Kong!!!

I made it to HK...

Well for starters the plain ride was soooo long.  And I also did not realize how exhausted I was!  I would sleep for an hour and then wake up for about 30 minutes and sleep some more.  Maybe that was because I just had nothing else to do haha.

Well Hong Kong is great and honestly nothing is too weird.  Everyone keeps asking me that and I just keep saying no nothing is out of the ordinary.  I have my Aunty Nica to thank for taking me to all different places so I am used to it.  Everything in Hong Kong is SUPER small.  Apartments cost like 2,000 per square foot so peoples apartments are so tiny.  Not to mention they are on like the 22 floor.  So many tall buildings and so many people! 

My companions names are Sister Chi and Sister Grover!  Sister Chis is my "actual" trainer she is from Taiwan, is super sweet and will go home in February.  Sister Grover has been in HK for 4 months and is from Lehi Utah.  They are both really sweet and super awesome.  In HK we also live with two other Filipino sisters.  There are a ton of Filipinos here that are called "helpers" and they just live in with families.  Almost everyone here has one, so they go and talk to them.  My area is Hong Kong island and it is a super nice area.  Our apartment is one of the biggest ones and one of the nicest ones.  I will have to show you guys pictures next week!  But it is super nice and I have not seen like any bugs!

I have already taught many lessons and went to church, done some finding and contacting.  Safe to say I don't know anything and can not understand anyone!  I am trying my hardest not to get discouraged and to push through it taking it day by day.  There is a surprising number of people who all speak Mandarin so that is not a big worry.  My first day here we had to go and get our HK ID's and we took the MTR (public transportation) and they handed us a BOM and some flyers and said this is an excellent place to contact so talk to people.  Got put right into the swing of things :)

Well that is all I have time to write.  Hong Kong is really awesome and there is much going on always.  A fun fact is that there is SO many nice cars.  Nice as in Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche, Mercedes, Bentley.  Everything you can think of there is lots of them here.  People who can afford a car only buy nice ones!

I also have not eaten anything weird so nothing much to say there :)

Wo ai Nimen!
Sister Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment