November 9, 2016

Last email in America...I'v Made It!!!

This is the last time you will be hearing from me in America.  From here time will be a lot more limited so I will go ahead and apologize in advance if I am not able to write you guys back! 


The emotions I feel are all over the place.  Nervous, excited, anxious, you name it.  I am worried I don't know enough Chinese and have been praying all week for comfort to be confident.  One thing I have realized and learned while here is that my best lessons are the ones where the spirit is undeniably there.  The Holy Ghost does the teaching, not me.  All I have to do is bear pure testimony.  Sounds pretty simple right? :)

We got our flight plans on Friday and we are all SO excited!  It finally seemed real.  Tomorrow we have infield training which I am not exactly sure what it means, but everyone says it gets you so pumped to go out!

This week Jenny Oaks Baker (Elder Oaks daughter) came and spoke to us.  She is a VERY good violinist so she shared her testimony through song.  One thing she said that her father told her was, "The only true faith is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ." Me and sister Clark were like wow! Its like her Dad is an apostle or something :) It reminds me of the scriptures that talk about if we are built upon a sure foundation (Christ) we will not fall, there is no way we will be destroyed.

Last nights devotional we heard from Joy Jones who is the general primary president.  She did an amazing job as well.  She talked about the importance of love and obedience.  We have the privilege of knowing that we are children of God.  He loves us endlessly.  People should be able to recognize and see this light within us.  Again this simple truth was mentioned, as well as the fact that we can not know who we are without knowing whose we are.  I invite all of you to dig a little deeper to find out your divine worth and potential as a son or daughter of God; really come to know that you are a Child of God.  He cares for you and He loves you more than you will ever know.

Funny quotes of the Week:

Some old senior missionary walks by us, "There goes the happiest two sisters I've ever seen."  Sister Clark then goes that's the first time you have gotten that huh?  I probably should remember to smile more.

Me: "What's your friends name? Fred? Frank?"
Elder Youse: "Peter"
Oops I better work on names haha.

*Standing in line getting my food*
Some elder I have never met before: "Sister every time I see you your hair is in french braids"
Me: "Oh... sorry?"
Elder: "Oh no its not bad.. I was just saying.. where you from"
Me "Oregon"
Elder: "Well I better go my companion is summoning me.. It was nice to meet you Sister Loo."
*I am just standing there so confused because I have never seen him before and still don't know his name*

Flight Plans!!!

Matching skirts with Sister Hansen.
Can you believe it...we finished the HUGE bag of pretzels!

No comments:

Post a Comment