April 2, 2018

18 of the Best months of my life...Thank you HK!

I can barely believe that it has been a little more than 18 months here in Hong Kong.  I feel a wave of emotions as I think about finishing my service as a full time missionary.  What a privilege it has been to represent my Savior; to act, say and do as He would.

While I am excited to go home, see my family and begin the next new chapter of my life (this time with a better understanding of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ), I will definitely miss Hong Kong. There is no way to express and put into words all that I have learned.

As we have just celebrated Easter, I really do KNOW that Jesus Christ, my Savior, lives. Because He lives I will always have someone who understands me completely.  Who is ready, willing AND already has His hands outstretched to comfort, protect and strengthen me whenever I am in need.


I have felt His power countless times as I have been blessed with a wide range of adversity and had the opportunity to turn and rely on Him.  On the other hand I have felt and seen true joy in my life and the lives of others that only comes from truly living as a disciple of Jesus Christ and the many blessings that are given to us as we accept and follow Him.

"He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world.  His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come."  He is my personal Savior and He loves me perfectly and completely.


The reason Hong Kong and these people will forever have a place in my heart is because I spent 18 months trying to minister, serve, and help them just as the Savior would.  As a a result, I have grown SO close to my Savior!  I have found the scripture, "If you are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" to be completely true.  I hope that I can continue to serve all those that I come in contact with.


I really have no idea how to explain what my mission has meant to me, what it has taught me about my Savior, myself etc., and how it has helped me to know who I want to become.  Every time I try I feel overwhelmed with happiness and at am a loss for words.


Ammon said it best (Alma 26 from the Book of Mormon).


"And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell? Behold, thousands of them do rejoice, and have been brought into the fold of God. Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever."


"Behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God. Let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."


I am so grateful that I had this time to really get to know my Savior and to share this wonderful message with those around me, to allow others to partake of the fruit of the tree of life and experience the 'exceedingly great joy' that I so often feel as a member of His church.


I know that it doesn't stop here, but it is a lifelong path, but I am grateful for this jump start :)

Thank you for all the help, support and prayers that you sent my way!  I am very grateful for everything!  I will see everyone on Friday :) :(


Love,
Sister Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment